Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Pumpkin stuffed with everything good"

I heard about this receipe on NPR last week and then tracked it down online.

First: open up a pumpkin

Empty it out, then mix up the stuffing and start stuffing it.  Stuffing: stale bread, cheese, crumbled bacon, scallions, garlic, thyme
Then, mix some nutmeg into some cream and pour it in:
Put the top back on and pop it in the over for around 2 hours (take the top back off for the last 20 minutes)
It comes out like this:
You can try slicing it up, but I went with option B which was "stick a spoon in there and mix it all up".  Then serve with bread.  It looks like vomit but it tasted pretty good.
 At the end you get the saddest pumpkin:

I probably wouldn't make this again but I'm glad I tried it.  If anything, I think I would take it one step further and blend it into some chicken broth to make a soup.  It had all the flavor of a rich soup but the texture was a challenge.  But hey, now I've cooked a pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment